Sunday 1 March 2015

Fall Out Boy Nails

These are my Fall Out Boy nails inspired by some of their album covers. They are one of my favourite bands to listen to so I thought it would be fun to paint my nails with their artwork. If you are not familiar with the album covers: my thumb is based on the album From Under The Cork Tree, my index finger is Fall Out Boys logo, my middle finger is their latest album American Beauty/American Psycho, Save Rock And Roll is the name of their 2013 album and my little finger is a bear getting a piggyback as seen on the Folie A Deux album cover.

How to get this look

Apply a base coat and then use two coats of OPI's Alpine Snow. 

You will need to use a gold polish and a thin nail art brush to draw the detailing on the thumb. 

The details on my other nails were drawn using a black Wah Nails nail art pen. You should use the pen end to draw the logo and the text and then use the striper brush inside the bottle to draw the lines on the bottom of the flag. The easiest way to draw the flag is to paint the upper right corner of the nail fully black and then use a white nail art pen to draw the stars over the black polish. 

If you want to draw the bears start by drawing the yellow bear costume and the face in the appropriate colours and then go back and outline it in black. You can then draw the brown bear and go back and add a red mouth and white teeth over the brown and finally outline the brown bear with the black pen. 

When you apply a top coat over this design be careful not to drag the brush across the nail because the black polish will easily smudge on a bright white base polish. I find the best way to avoid smudging is to dab the top coat on by pressing the brush onto the nail lifting it off and repeat by working your way down the nail.


No comments:

Post a Comment